1. Using a steel framework through masonry sheathing, the ________, designed by Louis Sullivan, is assumed by many kind of to be the initially genuinely modern-day structure.o Wainwideal Buildingo Eiffel Towero Crystal Palaceo Lever before Houseo Chrysler Building
2. Stacking and also piling is one more term for:o post-and-lintel.o arch and vault.o load-bearing construction.o the mending of rock fences.o Namong these answers is correct.
You are watching: Stacking and piling is another term for
3. The Byodo-in Temple in Kyoto, Japan, is an elegant instance of:o the Internationwide style.o postcontemporary architecture.o the Neoclassical style.o Gothic architecture.o post-and-lintel architecture.
4. Built nearly 2000 years back, the ________ is an enduring testament to the Romale use of the arch.o Pont du Gard at Nîmeso Hagia Sophiao Reims Cathedralo Acropolis in Athenso Namong these answers is correct.
5. ________ is a lot of famed for his style of the geodesic dome.o Thomas Jeffersono Anthemius of Tralleso Joseph Paxtono Louis Sullivano R. Buckminster Fuller
6. The adhering to is NOT true around art museum design.o John Russell Pope"s neoclassic National Gallery harmonizes with the other buildings on the Washington, D.C., mall.o Zaha Hadid"s Rosenthal Center for Conshort-term Art has 2 extremely contrasting façades.o Frank Gehry"s Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is clad in titanium.o John Russell Pope"s National Gallery was initially pincreased for its innovative style.o Frank Gehry"s Guggenheim Museum Bilbao architecture forced an aerospace-design computer routine.
7. A ________ is a horizontal form supported at just one finish.o corniceo keystoneo pendentiveo flying buttresso cantilever
8. When a large hall is developed utilizing post-and-lintel construction techniques, the resulting "virtual woodland of columns" is called a:o nave.o barrel vault.o hypostyle hall.o groin vault.o portico.
9. According to the writer, a ________ is actually an arch extended in depth, as if there are "many type of arcs put flush one behind the other."o buttresso pedimento voluteo barrel vaulto pier
10. A flying buttress is an arched exterior assistance system uncovered on:o a mosque.o a Romale bridge.o a geodesic dome.o a Gothic cathedral.o a fountain.
11. The round opening in the dome of the Pantheon is referred to as a(n)o rotunda.o oculus.o pendentive.o csell.o cantilever before.
1. Two components that decide the success of any kind of structural device are:o weight and tensile stamina.o the placement of its dome and its pendentives.o the linear proportion of structure to wall and wall to roof.o the stress and compression of each buttress.o None of these answers is correct.
2. The Doric, Ionic, and also Corinthian formats are well-known as the:o International style.o shell mechanism.o hypostyle.o Gothic style.o Greek orders.
3. The capacity of a product to expectations horizontal ranges through a minimum of support is called:o vaulting.o tensile toughness.o tension.o buttressing.o compression.
4. Built for the World"s Fair in 1889, the ________ was a very early experiment in iron construction.o Wainwright Buildingo Crystal Palaceo Eiffel Towero Lever Houseo Chrysler Building
5. The International style emphasizes:o clean lines.o geometric create.o avoidance of superficial decoration.o All of these.o None of these answers is correct.
6. Fallingwater (the Kaufmann Housage in Bear Run, Pennsylvania) is a prime instance of the "organic" design of:o Frank Lloyd Wbest.o Le Corbusier.o Frank Gehry.o M. Pei.o John Rusoffer Pope.
7. ________rotated 360 levels on its axis is referred to as a dome.o A piero An archo A capitalo A porticoo A vault
8. The 2 fundamental family members of structural units in style are:o the Postcontemporary and the Classical.o the pier and the cantilever.o the shell and the skeleton-and-skin.o the Romanesque and the Greek.o the Modern and the Postcontemporary.
See more: What Should I Eat Or Drink To Get Rid Of My Body Is Not Jello And Water?
9. Builders of Gothic sanctuaries reinrequired the wall surfaces of their design from the exterior with:o piers.o Corinthian columns.o flying buttresses.o groin vaults.o both piers and also flying buttresses.
10. The Taj Mahal was developed by the 17th-century Moslem emperor for what purpose?o As a mosqueo As a monumento As a tomb for his relativeso As a tomb for his wifeo As a home
11. The skeleton-and-skin structure the Crystal Palace was designed by ____________ in 1851.o Louis Sullivano Gustav Eiffelo Frank Lloyd Wrighto Joseph Paxtono John R. Pope
window.derekwadsworth.com<"productClickLinkData"> = <"name":"c10 art","id":"216425375","price":"","category":"premium content","variant":"study guide","position":"","brand":"rchvctr">; QLoad("derekwadsworth.com.productClickLinkData"); return;})}elsehome window.derekwadsworth.com<"productClickLinkData"> = <"name":"c10 art","id":"216425375","price":"","category":"premium content","variant":"study guide","position":"","brand":"rchvctr">; QLoad("derekwadsworth.com.productClickLinkData"); return;;window.location.assign("https://derekwadsworth.com/216425375/c10-art-flash-cards/");" id="1-216425375">