If you’re anything favor us, you grew up watching The tiny Mermaid ~ above repeat. Also though you’ve seen it thousands of times, go you know these facts around the film?
1. In the Hans Christian Andersen story that motivated The small Mermaid, the sea-witch is no a significant character. She doesn’t even have a name!
2. Come animate the shipwreck and Ursula’s introduction from the sea, the animators studied scene from Pinocchio including Monstro.
You are watching: Little mermaid colors
3. The blue-green hue that Ariel’s fin to be specially blended by the derekwadsworth.com repaint lab—they dubbed the brand-new color “Ariel” in she honor.
4. In the opened scene through King Triton, you can see Kermit, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and also Donald Duck and hiding in the crowd.
5. Both Jodi Benson (voice that Ariel) and also Pat Carroll (voice that Ursula) said they stole aspects of their shipment from the method Howard Ashman perform the songs.
6. The color of Ariel’s hair was a allude of contention amongst the team. The red was liked in component because red and green space complementary colors, and additionally because Daryl Hannah had actually just play a blonde mermaid in the very popular “Splash.”
7. In the original development drawings, Ursula was depicted as a spinefish or a scorpion fish with many spikes and also spines.
8. After ~ the first screening, Jeffrey Katzenberg want to reduced the song “Part of your World.” (He admits currently that the an ashamed story.)
9. After ~ being relocated to tears through The tiny Mermaid, a new Jersey State Trooper referred to as his estranged daughter to repair their relationship. He composed to Ron Clements (writer/director) come tell the the story.
10. The shade in the overcast opening scene of the film was deliberately muted since the directors want to conserve bright to explode of color for under the sea.
11. On the specify name of Ariel’s numerous sisters: Atina was motivated by a musical Alan Menken wrote referred to as “Atina: evil Queen of the Galaxy,” Alana was Howard Ashman’s lyrical nod come Alan Menken, and also Andrina was the surname of among the director’s aerobics instructors.
12. Alan Menken had actually never written an underscore for a derekwadsworth.com movie before, so The small Mermaid was taken into consideration his dried run. He believed his first music cue to be horrible and also was sure he would acquire fired.
13. The shark’s name is Glut, despite it is never mentioned in the film. Originally, Glut was going to return for an additional fight, only to be beat by Flounder in a moment of glory, yet it got reduced out together the story to be simplified.
14. When Flounder is talking about Scuttle, that physically transforms into the seagull for a few frames.
See more: Iv Push Vs Iv Bolus The Same As Iv Push? Iv Push Or Bolus Administration
15. Many of the seafarers dancing ~ above Prince Eric’s ship space caricatures of civilization from the staff. The male dancing ~ above the communication is supposedly Razoul Azadani, that has functioned with Ron Clements and John Musker on several films (recently he was a layout artist top top Paperman).