All of your mates space pushing prams, and everywhere you look you view nothing but dads gleefully tossing laughing babies into the air. However are you really ready to begin a household of her own?
It’s an all too familiar scenario. Yet another mate speak you the he’s walking to be a dad. You wish him congratulations, adhered to with the usual jokes about his impending lack that sex and social life. Space you really happy because that him or space you secretly a bit peanut butter and also jealous?
Here are 16 signs you room deep down, yearning to join your mates on the baby-wearing dad bandwagon.
You are watching: Am i ready to be a dad
1. Your partner tells friend she’s late and it doesn’t derekwadsworth.completely freak friend out.
2. You begin to view your finest mate’s kids as little humans, rather than just those smelly small pain in the arses that stole your bro indigenous you.
3. Friend watch dads playing through their kids top top the street and get a strange feeling… is it FOMO?
4. Her jokes are shedding their edge, and also you’re getting an ext groans and eye rolls than laughs.
5. Your wardrobe it s okay daggier through the day, and “fashion” bederekwadsworth.comes whatever your companion says friend look quite in.
6. Your social life has actually peaked, and also those boozy nights and also hungover Sundays room rapidly shedding their appeal.
7. You thinking around upgrading your car, and also SUVs unexpectedly don’t seem choose such a ridiculous alternative after all.
8. You discover yourself thinking about your very own dad’s parenting style, and also what you’d do in different ways with your own kids.
9. Your attention in DIY is on the increase and you uncover yourself buying power tools, visualising doing your very own extensions and also installing extra shelving in the laundry and garage.
10. Whatever ability you may have had to dance has now derekwadsworth.completely abandoned you, yet your enthusiasm hasn’t, and also you currently dance less like Peter Andre and an ext like Peter Garrett.
11. You deserve to watch the ‘crowning’ scenes on One Born Every Minute there is no giggling and/or emotion nauseous.
12. You feeling empathy fairly than judgement for the parents of the screaming baby alongside you ~ above the plane.
13. You don’t totally freak out and run because that the hills as soon as your partner mentions that she “forgot” to take she birth control pills.
14. You uncover yourself “accidentally” looking the baby ar of your footy team’s virtual merchandise section and stocking increase on onesies, beanies, and teeny small booties that look prefer footy boots.
15. You’re beginning to feel the burden of preserving the household name traditions, and also “continuing the line” suddenly seems a great deal much more important than it ever has before.
See more: My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge Review, My Fit Foods Can'T Fake Fit 21 Day Challenge
16. And also finally her financial situation is good, so girlfriend no longer need to choose in between bills, insurance, petrol and food, and can currently afford all of them in the same week. Well, most weeks.
Article by Cameron Leckey
Cameron is a stay-at-home dad who cares for his high-flying wife and also two beautiful, but mad kids. Specialising in lame humour and also occasional nursing wisdom on his blog daddingeveryday.derekwadsworth.com